What is Comic Con Honolulu?
- Comic Con Honolulu is a 3 day convention held annually at the Hawaii Convention Center. The event is a family-friendly celebration of comics, costumes, fantasy, sci-fi, and all things nerdom.
- Comic Con Honolulu 2017 will be held July 28-30 at the Hawaii Convention Center.
Why does Comic Con Honolulu exist?
Comic Con Honolulu has three goals in hosting the event:
- Provide a venue for fans of all kinds on O’ahu. If you love costumes, comics, books, movies, or anything in between, we want you to be able to find a safe haven at our show to discuss your passions with like-minded individuals.
- Bring celebrity guests from all genres to the islands and expose them to the wonders of Hawaii, and the aloha spirit of our attendees.
- Create a meeting place for industry leaders and local artists, vendors and creatives.
Who are the people behind the curtain?
- We’re all fans, just like you. Every dollar spent by attendees goes back into making the show bigger and better for subsequent years. We do this for the love of nerdiness, caffeine, and the smiles on peoples faces when they’ve met their idol or made a new friend. All of us from the owners to the staff are volunteers!
What can I do at Comic Con Honolulu?
- Comic Con Honolulu offers a wide variety of fan panels, industry guests, activities, video games, table top games and autograph opportunities.
- Within the convention you can also find wonderful local artists and licensed merchandise dealers.
- Not only do we have a little something for everyone, but Comic Con Honolulu is also a fun place to meet people and make new friends- and not to mention snap a few pictures of some amazing costumes.
Why another convention in Hawaii?
- Because we live here and this is the community we love! Comic Con Honolulu is run by locals, and geared toward locals- we want to support the nerd community of Hawaii, no matter what kind of fandom you love, and bring you a truly amazing convention!