Share your Passion!
Are you Hawaii’s expert on all things Marvel? Do you spend your days searching ebay for rare Magic: The Gathering cards and comic-related merch? Maybe you have always dreamed of hosting a game show on obscure DC trivia? Whatever the case, you’ve found your home here! Submit a panel for Comic Con Honolulu and share your knowledge and charisma with the attendees of the convention!
- Discussion topics based on popular series, like Marvel vs DC debates, the inner politics of Game of Thrones, Warehouse 13 vs Friday the 13 TV compare / analysis etc.
- Workshops focused around creating electronics, 3D printing, costume pieces or props, or any cool gadgets
- Introductions to hobbies and lifestyles, including LARPing, and interactive instrument panels.
- Writing/Drawing workshops; creating realistic characters, getting your comic published, how to show and tell your story etc.
- Science Panels: Teleportation: How close are we? We live in the future: astonishing advances in the scientific fields. Aliens- are they out there etc.
- Local Writers who want to share their stories with us. Have you published a comic or book? Do a panel about it!
We know you work hard to put together your panel, and we want to make sure you have a great convention! Approved panelists will receive perks as follows:
- <3 Perk: less than 3 hours of approved panels = discounted membership offered to the host and cohost, as applicable.
- 3X3 Perk: 3 or more hours of approved panels = 3 day membership FREE for the host and cohost, as applicable.
General Rules for Panels
- Panels are open to all topics related to Comic Con Honolulu’’s general focus: comics, sci-fi and fantasy, music, games, and all facets of Western nerd culture. Basically, if you have an interest, and want to share your passion for it with other like-minded folks, then please fill in a panel request form.
- Once you’ve submitted your form, you will receive a confirmation email. If there are any follow-up questions on our side or if any additional information or changes are required or advised, a member of the CCH Events team will contact you via email prior to approval.
- When filling out your forms, please fill them out as completely as possible – the more information you can provide, the easier it will be for us to approve it.
- For time slots, preferred times are not guaranteed. We will do our best to accommodate your requested time, but it is dependent on exactly how best we can balance all items into the schedule. Schedules will be drafted about a month before the convention and finalized about 2 weeks prior, so please be patient with us as we try to find the best times for all scheduled panels and events. All panelists will be emailed once the schedule is mostly finalized on your time slot for your approval.
- In addition, although your panel times may have been previously approved, Comic Con Honolulu still reserves the right to modify the schedule at any time for any reason: for example, last minute changes in guest events. Any affected panelist will be notified as soon as possible of any changes and will be asked if you will be able to accommodate the new time.
- To ensure a wide variety of programming, we will be accepting only a limited number of Cosplay Q&A panels (Panels done in cosplay, where panelists answer questions in character) These panels will be judged and accepted based on the following criteria:
- Completeness and uniqueness of your plan.
- Popularity of the series.
- Space available in the schedule.
- As the convention gets closer, more panelists will be added to the waitlist as we verify the amount of guest-hosted panels, so submit your panel as early as possible for the best chance!
If you have any comments, questions, or need to make a change in your panel request form, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org