Press & Media
In order to be considered “Press” and to receive complimentary entrance to this year’s convention, individuals will need to fulfill the following requirements:
- Currently employed by a recognized active media organization (i.e. magazine, newspapers, etc.), radio, television/cable/affiliate station/program, newscast and/or online magazine with a minimum of 10,000+ unique hits per month- verified via Google Analytics.
- Writers/Reporters from high school and university level publications are encouraged to apply as well. In these cases we respectfully request that a letter of intent signed by you and your editor-in-chief/adviser on official school letterhead is provided with your application. Please also note that we will not be able to provide Press pass for your advisers. Chaperons are welcome to enjoy the convention by registering through the normal attendee system. Chaperons may pickup their pass through the standard queue located on the first floor of the Hawaii Convention Center.
- We respectfully request that cosplay-related media outlets present a detailed proposal on the coverage they plan to do at Comic Con Honolulu. Taking photos of the cosplayers who attend the convention can be done without a press pass; therefore we reserve the right to deny applications of that nature.
- Business card with stated company name, individual name and contact information, or a recent company pay-stub.
- Please be aware that we will not accept business cards without printed contact names due to the risk of misappropriation.
- Valid government issued picture ID.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by / on August 3, 2019.
- After you complete your application, you and your editor will receive an email. Your Editor/Supervisor must respond to confirm that you are applying to represent the organization.
- Once the application has been reviewed, editor confirmation received, and application is accepted, you will be sent a confirmation email. Additionally you will be placed on the admission list for press. Please be aware that you will still be required to present a business card and picture ID when picking up your pass.
- Organizations who choose to register at the convention will also be required to provide the items mentioned above. Due to the fact that we will not have all of our resources available at the convention, please be aware that information that cannot be verified on the spot may result in the denial of the press pass.
- You must submit your online application by August 1, 2019.
- Important: We require all final products that are published to be submitted to email@example.com upon their release for our historical records. All submissions must be made by October 7th, 2019.